McAfee still causing problems after removal

tickhiller 09:31 02 Jul 06

I have recently uninstalled McAfee antivirus and firewall and now use windows firewall and avast anti virus. Everything runs fine, indeed it seems quicker, but when I open outlook i get the following error message popping up. 'The add-in "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\outscan.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Unable to load "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\outscan.dll" you may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a dll file'I have manually cleared out any remaining McAfee files and deleted the reg entry but the problem still happens. I have run Autoruns but this does not show any McAfee entry. I run XP SP2 on both my laptop and desktop and they both have the same problem. Any suggestions please

VoG II 09:36 02 Jul 06

In Outlook 2003 Tools > Options, Other tab, Advanced Options button, Add-in Manager button, untick McAfee.

tickhiller 10:02 02 Jul 06

Fabulous, how simple was that? Problem solved Thanks VoG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…