McAfee SiteAdvisor and privacy?

Daibus 14:46 18 Sep 07

I see that McAfee Site Advisor has changed it's position on security and privacy.

Was wondering if anyone has comments on this situation and is this a step too far for this programme?

Cheers.

birdface 16:12 18 Sep 07

Daibus,Not sure what you mean.It looks the same to me,What has changed.

So Afraid 16:45 18 Sep 07

Yes it says a code or serial number is now sent to mcafee,something along those lines.

birdface 20:42 18 Sep 07

Oops yes just read it,Thanks.I can see how it may put a few folk off from using it.

muddypaws 10:14 19 Sep 07

buteman
Sorry--but whereabouts is this info.
Can't see it on the balloon drop downs or on the green ticks.

birdface 10:31 19 Sep 07

On Drop Down.press About.and then View Privacy Policy.I believe this is what Daibus meant.

Daibus 12:27 19 Sep 07

Yesterday I suddenly got an update advisory for McAfee SiteAdvisor but before installation a notice was displayed with all the new privacy information for the programme.

birdface 21:29 19 Sep 07

The last up-date was about a fortnight ago,So I take it you must have missed it.Are you using the paid for version.I presume it is the same privacy information as on the dropdown bar.and About.View privacy Policy.

i removed it because there were outgoings all over my firewall log, i know it's for security updates and possibly marketing, i just feel it's a lesser form of spyware together with bt yahoo and various toolbars i would rathernot have things going on in my pc i dont fully understand, also whats with all the 'we collect personal details' warnings?
on unistall there is a why did you screen together with a 'i was worried about privacy' box, which i ticked.
i have also noticed if you turn ie security past medium none of these programs load, not even my mail home page!

Daibus 09:39 20 Sep 07

Many thanks you for all your thoughts.

I have the free version installed.

Yesterday I thought I would reinstall version 26.3 instead of the latest update - version 26.5.

Do you think this build is preferable to the latest offering?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…