McAfee SiteAdvisor conundrum

Sea Urchin 22:05 29 Jan 08

The following site is shown to be safe (green flash) by MSA when I view it on my pc. However, when my friend in another part of the country views it McAfee reports that it's an unsafe site (red flash). Is there a logical explanation?

click here

STREETWORK 22:07 29 Jan 08

The settings on each PC must be different...

Sea Urchin 22:15 29 Jan 08

I wouldn't have thought the settings on the PCs would come into the equation? It is McAfee who are testing the sites, and publishing their report as to whether it's Safe, Use Caution or Unsafe.

Stuartli 23:12 29 Jan 08

Is the correct version of SiteAdvisor being used?

There's a version for IE and another for Firefox etc and these should be clearly detailed on FileHippo, Major Geeks, Softpedia etc; the correct download is achieved direct from McAfee's SA website because it recognises which browser is in use.

brundle 23:15 29 Jan 08

Any difference if you each check the site manually click here ?

I think Stuartli's suggestion is most likely

johnnyrocker 23:16 29 Jan 08

it flashes up a red warning here

johnny

Stuartli 23:20 29 Jan 08

I get a red warning with both Firefox and IE7...:-)

starfish1 23:24 29 Jan 08

Red flash here IE7.

birdface 23:31 29 Jan 08

Yes red here as well.Problem seems to be a bit vague.It found links to PopupTraffic .com.But no complaints from anyone else.Why it should be different who knows. Sea Urchin give us a link to your site and see if we pick that one up red or green.

brundle 23:31 29 Jan 08

Manual check says A-OK; click here

Perhaps 4dw.net is the source of warnings.

birdface 23:34 29 Jan 08

Could it be one is on the free MSA,And the other is on the + Version.Just a thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…