McAfee Site Advisor not working

Sea Urchin 12:40 01 Oct 08

.....in Internet Explorer, but OK on Firefox. Anyone else have the same problem? It just stays greyed out, and giving no diagnosis on Google searches.

Sea Urchin 12:51 01 Oct 08

OK - solved my own problem. Just re-installed it and it works again

birdface 13:16 01 Oct 08

You are not the only one to have problems with it.I could not get it to work at the weekend so deleted it and could not get it to reinstall.Eventually I got 1 website to download it.But still not working right.Some web sites that I go to it will not work.so have to leave the website and then go back on and it usually works then.

sunny staines 13:19 01 Oct 08

since last update its played up

Sea Urchin 14:01 01 Oct 08

I had problems downloading it just now from the McAfee site, but had no trouble with the download from CNET Download.com

birdface 14:37 01 Oct 08

I ran the McAfee removal tool and could only find the one place that I could download it from all others started the download but would not finish it.Like I say it is working now.But not 100%.

Stuartli 15:25 01 Oct 08

There are different versions for IE and other browsers such as Firefox - if you download from the McAffee website it will provide the correct download.

I did IE and Firefox in turn.

sunny staines 16:56 01 Oct 08

just re installed from macafee web site

sunny staines 16:57 01 Oct 08

now works ok.

birdface 17:18 01 Oct 08

Only one of the Mcafee sites would work for me.The rest would not download properly.

birdface 20:13 04 Oct 08

Problem still with McAfee Site advisor.Since downloading it last week it has been working sporadically,sometime works somtime doesn't.I have the latest version but tried to install it over the top and it will not let me into the site,Went into 1 site tonight that showed the green tic and got hit with one of the rogue Anti-Spyware programs but managed to get away from it by pressing Esc.I have turned my AVG link scanner on as well and that is not showing up at all.So if you are experiencing any of those problems take care.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…