mcafee site advisor

simplepimple 19:20 04 Dec 06

please can anyone tell me how i can get the mcafee site advisor to show on my tool bar i use mozilla firefox, i can get it on ie but i dont want to use this i have tried many times and it just comes up on ie every time, any suggestions what im doing wrong, im very new to computers

SANTOS7 19:26 04 Dec 06

click here
there is a dedicated download for firefox, its the orangey bit on the right..

simplepimple 19:36 04 Dec 06

i have done that and it still comes up on ie

skidzy 19:38 04 Dec 06

click here maybe !

brundle 19:39 04 Dec 06

click here#
Click the link while using Firefox of course, otherwise it will install the IE version by default.

SANTOS7 19:40 04 Dec 06

Is firefox your default browser..

brundle 19:40 04 Dec 06

Or this for a direct link to the extension
click here
You may need to add mcafee to your list of allowed installation sites.

Stuartli 19:45 04 Dec 06

I use both IE and Firefox and have the appropriate SiteAdvisor version installed for both browsers.

In IE it is displayed top right and in Firefox bottom right.

simplepimple 20:09 04 Dec 06

i have done everything you have said including the direct link and it still isnt coming up but thanks to everyone for the advice

brundle 20:16 04 Dec 06

Sorry, the direct link won't work unless you download /then/ drag the .xpi into Firefox. Are you using the latest version of FF? (2.0) click here

skidzy 20:19 04 Dec 06

I have just installed it from my link above,you may get a warning directly underneath your browser (Firefox) to allow the download..add this to the allow list.
Then agree to the terms and conditions,restart Firefox.
The site advisor now sits at the bottom right of my screen as Stuartli has pointed out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…