McAfee Security Scan Plus

humbug83 22:45 04 Mar 11

I had to upgrade my Flash Player a few days ago and I didn't realise that McAfee Security Scan Plus had been installed too until I turned my computer on again and it ran a scan and reported that my computer was infected with various things!!

My desktop wallpaper then changed to a blue background with some weird text (I can't remember what it said).

Is the Security Scan malware? Did it infect my computer? I couldn't uninstall it for ages but have managed to now. I just want to know if there is anything I should do?

northumbria61 00:06 05 Mar 11

Depending on where you downloaded from there is sometimes the option to install McAfee - you have to remove the "tick" if you don't want it installed. If all is running okay ignore the reported infections.

McAfee is difficult to remove as you have found out but there is a McAfee uninstall tool available from their site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…