McAfee Security Is it any good?

gel 11:38 20 Jul 08

Hi,
For 2 months I have been using McAfee security Suite whch includes: Firewall Virus scanning Spyware protection automatic updates. Scanning quick clean and defragging can be scheduled
It is free witho2 broadband.
I have not had any problems with McAfee and yet I am not absolutly sure that I am protected.
Previously I used
Avast
Zone Alarm
Ccleaner
and defragged with Auslogics
Would any one care to give me guidance as to which is the best.
gel

Pine Man 12:01 20 Jul 08

I get free McAfee with o2 and have been using it since my Bullguard expired. It seems to work very well in the background and is not as intrusive as some I have used. It slows down my boot-up by about 15 seconds compared with Bullguard but I can live with that;-)

I am sure that if McAfee says you are protected you can be sure you are.

gel 12:11 20 Jul 08

Thanks Pine Man for your comment.
The reason for my concern is that on one computer I have Version 7.2 and on the other I have version 8.1
Both computers are updated daily and I would have thought they would show the same versions.
Also when I view logs under Reports and Logs I only get info on scanning results and all the other reports show 'no log exist' This gives me concern regarding Inbound and Outbound events.
Could you comment further please
gel

Pine Man 12:57 20 Jul 08

I certainly have a list in Reports & Logs of registry changes etc. My version is 8.1.

Can you update your older version from McAfee's site? Have you tried re-installing McAfee?

gel 13:06 20 Jul 08

Thank you Pine Man I will give your suggestion a try
Cheers
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…