McAfee Security Centre Updates

Jackcoms 13:26 02 Sep 05

I have McAfee set to automatically download and install updates.

However, on those occasions when I manually check for updates I find that it will download each element separately and I have then to reboot before checking again for the next element.

In other words, it will update (say) the anti-virus and ask me to reboot.

After the restart I then have to check again and it will update (say) the firewall.

I reboot again and re-check and this time it updates (say) the spam killer and so on.

Is this the normal way for McAfee to update manually or am I the only one who finds it annoying?

Why can't it update all components (anti-virus, anti-spam, firewall and privacy service) in one go or have I got it configured wrongly?

Jackcoms 18:03 02 Sep 05

Jackcoms 15:44 03 Sep 05

One final bump for the weekend 'shift'

dave_and_confused 21:44 03 Sep 05

... but my experience of McAfee Security Centre was...

1) McAfee Security Centre tells me i need to update McAfee Security Centre
2) I go online and attempt to update McAfee Security Centre
3) McAfee Update states my McAfee Security Centre is all up to date
4) Goto 1.

Eventually got bored and installed ZoneAlarm with AntiVirus.....

To be honest - it's probably normal for McAfee Security Centre to behave like that.

CurlyWhirly 23:09 03 Sep 05

I have NO problems with McAfee Security Center but as I too have set it to automatically update I find that if I manually check for updates then this confuses the program so I don't bother!

Whenever I go online *if* there are any updates available they download straightaway so I don't need to manually check in the first place.

Jackcoms 09:26 05 Sep 05

I think that's the answer - just let it auto update and forget manually updating as "this confuses the program". lol

ame 23:08 06 Sep 05

Haven't had this problem - so far - but I'm still running Win98SE. Contact McAfee?

ame 20:56 07 Sep 05

P.S I presume you're using McAfee Internet Security Suite 2005 version 7 like me. Mine works fine on automatic and manual updates.

Jackcoms 21:47 07 Sep 05

"P.S I presume you're using McAfee Internet Security Suite 2005 "

No, I'm using McAfee Security Centre - which is why I put that as my thread title.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…