McAfee Security Center is not protecting me

Zebrapec 19:44 15 Dec 08

Just got a new laptop (two weeks ago)and the McAfee came with it and 60 days free. However, today a icon came up saying I was not protected anymore, and to register but everytime I try to register it says 'enter your e-mail address and password' when I ask for a password to be e-mailed to me it says 'I'm already registered' so I keep going round in circles. As the help line is not open to 9am tomorrow, can someone help now please, so I can get some protection from virus.

brundle 19:50 15 Dec 08

Get rid of it, even if you only put a 30 day trial of Kaspersky,Norton,NOD32 on there while you decide what to go for. Download the removal tool click here (yes you can remove it using the ordinary Add/Remove Programs method if you like) and your chosen replacement antivirus product (some here; click here) . Disconnect from the net, run the removal tool, reboot, install replacement, reboot, reconnect to the net. This thread is a good read; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…