Mcafee security center to expire but cheaper if I

SANAP 17:02 15 Mar 06

I have a new dell pc that came bundled with Mcafee security center, so i get fw plus, viruscan. privacy and spamkiller but if I upgrade it will cost me £85.00 but it is on offer for £59.99. Can I just buy the new package and download it or will it find existing version and cause me grief??

sanap

johnnyrocker 17:04 15 Mar 06

possibly, but why pay there are some very good free applications used by many people in these forums, like avg (very widely used) sygate fw adaware,spy-bot, spyware blaster, all free and work very well as do many others in use by site members.

johnny.

SANAP 17:14 15 Mar 06

Thanks for reply and you have given me food for thought but I recall reading somewhere that it is well nigh impossible to get rid of these bundled packages and they can cause loads of problems. I am using xp pro with sp2.

Is it easy to uninstall macafee stuff??

sanap

johnnyrocker 17:24 15 Mar 06

does it come with it's own uninstaller? any difficulties i would have thought could be dealt with in safe mode.

johnny.

SANAP 18:35 15 Mar 06

no facility to u install, dont know enough to use safe mode. I kept clicking on mcafee and got a link for 59. sygate has been taken over by symantec,,

thanks for help

sanap

smy13 20:24 15 Mar 06

I'd give Macafee a ring and speak to thier sales team first if you want to keep thier product you can usually get a very good deal talking to them direct I just renewed mine this way and picked up Security suite 2006 for £32.99

Belatucadrus 20:41 15 Mar 06

I took Mcafee off my Dell laptop without any problems. Go through add or remove programs and remember to delete all relevant entries. Then run CCleaner click here on the issues setting to tidy up after. Remembering if you do install one of the free options from the internet click here download the installation .exe file first. Then disconect from the internet, remove Mcaffee, clean up and then install the replacements. Only then reconnect to the internet for updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…