Mcafee Registration HELP!

cheerup347 14:01 09 Apr 08

Hi,

I recently bought a security center 2008 off eBay, installed it only to realize it was a pirated copy so i quickly uninstalled it and went out to buy a real one. I am trying to register the legitimate copy onto my computer and it says 'a previous mcafee product has been registered, this product will use the same details, click submit to activate it. When i try and activate it it says an error has occurred and it cant activate it.

I really need some help with this, what can i do?

Thanks

cheerup347 14:33 09 Apr 08

yeah i tried restarting my computer but its noty having it. It says it cannot send the activation details to mcafee

How can i register this product to get the free updates now?

Thanks

rickf 14:34 09 Apr 08

How do you know it was a pirated copy since McAfee had registered it? I t hink it got confused as ytou then installed another version, your nesw version. Perhaps the 1st disc was OK. get in touch with them?

cheerup347 14:47 09 Apr 08

Hi,

No, the first one was a copied version because it had a dodgy printed disc, i didn't pay any attention to it until after i had installed and registered it. The person i bought it off has since been kicked off of eBay so it was obviously an illegal version which i have uninstalled and thrown away.

I don't really want to contact mcafee simply because it was an illegal version and was bought by mistake, they may think i have been using pirated software which can only lead to trouble for me, i will contact them as a last resort.

It just seems odd how the illegal one registered fine and the real version i have paid for doesn't want to activate my details?

Thanks for the help.

Gordon999 14:50 09 Apr 08

Hi Cheerup,

To be honest I don't think you'll have a problem as you realised it was a copy and now have a pucker version and the necessary id for it

I think your issue is simple if you simply phone them.

cheerup347 15:01 09 Apr 08

Hi,

Ok thanks, I think i will have to.

Do you know if there is a way to de-activate your account with mcafee products? I mean, i have registered for the updates, is there a way to unregister your details with mcafee products so i can start again?

Thanks

birdface 15:23 09 Apr 08

You could delete it and run the removal tool then run C Cleaner and then reinstall it.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…