McAfee Quickclean

Andybear 20:39 10 Jun 03

I'm after an installer for Windows XP Home. I've tried Ashampoo, which was free with PCA earlier in the year, but couldn't get the hang of it. I need something which I can buy in a box! Amazon and PC World are selling a product called QuickClean, produced by McAfee. Does anyone use it? If so, what's it like re: ease of use etc? Thanks.

Dr. Charles 20:52 10 Jun 03

I can recommend Internet watcher 2000 version 1.9c by Bernard D&G here

click here

This will clear out all ads even on this site there is nothing and you can give it a "Trial" before you buy. I think I paid about £30-00 and its been worth it. Still no ads or pop-ups anywhere. Also you can programme it so that if any children accidentally get onto unsuitable site it blanks them out immediately

I know its not a freebie, but its saved my temper on many occasions

Regards,

Charles

Andybear 20:58 10 Jun 03

Sorry, I meant to say uninstaller. The 'Add/Remove Progammes' function doesn't always clear them out properly. There have been a few occasions, after removing programmes using this method I've found odd files belonging to them. I'm scared to delete them manually in case I do something dangerous and cause the PC to crash or something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced