McAfee problems today ???

Boluwd 15:12 05 Apr 06

Is there anyone else having problems with McAfee Virus Scan and Spamkiller today?
I have VS Pro version 9 and Spamkiller installed on XP Home. Every now and again a message pops up requesting that I verify my subscription with McAfee support in UK. Although this is a bind and you have to wait for the verification on line, it normally only takes a minute or so. Today however, the login page fails to open and I just cannot verify. This has happened on both of my computers on which McAfee is installed. Consequently, my virus scan engine is disabled and so is Spamkiller server!
My subscription has NOT expired (I have another six months on the licence).
I really feel like ditching McAfee completely sometimes- it hogs so much of the resources, but I've spent good money on this product.
Anyway....am I the only one suffering today?????

rawprawn 15:22 05 Apr 06

Sorry can't help, but when your subscription runs out try click here Security suite 2006.It auto updates every hour,is excellent protection, and you don't know it's there

phono 16:19 05 Apr 06

I had to verify Virus Scan today and didn't have any problems.

Boluwd 20:32 05 Apr 06

Thanks for the response rawprawn and phono.

It seems to have cleared itself this evening and access to the login website is back to normal. Phono- did yo verify this morning as it was after lunch that I first "switched on " today. How often do you have to verify the subscription? It's a real pain in the arse isn't it!!!!!

MickinPlymouthUK 20:47 05 Apr 06

You have to pay to get McAfee?
I'm on AOL and they give it away free.
The only prob I've had with McAfee is that it sometimes causes other progs to glitch, for example my joystick won't work properly unless I disable McAfee or come offline..

dukeboxhero 22:16 05 Apr 06

had to uninstall mcafie today coudnt get on line then discoverd mcafie had banned all isps yet had been wokin fine for over a year ?

phono 22:50 05 Apr 06

I had to verify after lunchtime, it does happen but only very occasionally, I don't find it a problem.

I think, in my case anyway, that it has something to do with all the anti spyware and anti malware software that I have running, I can usually tell when I am going to have to verify because Spybot S+D's "TeaTimer" usually flags up a requests to allow or disallow a change, as does startup monitor.

I have to say that I have been using McAfee for a number of years now and so far it has never let me down, it has actually saved my bacon a number of times with timely interceptions.

MickinPlymouthUK 23:53 05 Apr 06

Sorry I think I misunderstood, I was referring in my post above to the McAfee firewall, not the anti-virus McAfee or is it the same thing?
Incidentally why do people still pay for a-v progs such as Norton etc when they can simply download something like AVG 7 for free (like I've done)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant