Mcafee problems

myanmarboy 00:45 25 Mar 08

I buy my Mcafee on a monthly subscription from aol. I just recently upgraded to the new version offered from aol (£2.40/month to £2.99/month). Since the upgrade surfing has become a pain. Every time I click on a site a window opens in the middle of the screen saying "Security Warning" - the current web page is trying to open a site in your trusted sites list. Do you want to allow this?
Current site **********
Trusted site res://ieframe.dll
there is a YES and a NO button below the message.
This never happened before I upgraded. Has anyone else had this prob and how do I deal with it. All help appreciated. Thanks

big bloke66 22:45 27 Mar 08

Haave you tried their support forums.click here

myanmarboy 23:31 27 Mar 08

bb66, Thanks for your response. The prob in my original post appears to have been unrelated to McAfee and has been sorted. But I do now have a further problem with McAfee and Lavasoft. As I said I did upgrade from McAfee virus scan to Security Suite. Worked ok for a day or so but then disappeared off the map - logged on this morning and it was gone. Tried reinstalling but keep getting a msg to uninstall incompatible software namely Ad-Aware SE Personal. I already upgraded from SE to A-A 6 Personal some time back
but the SE still shows in the Add/Remove progs on my CP and I just can't get rid of it. Won't uninstall from Add/Remove and Cleanse Uninstall will not clear it. Tried the "fixes" on Lavasoft support forums - nothing. Just get a msg saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Have even tried removing the A-A 6 Personal but cannot get that to uninstall either. Meantime have had to download AVG av as the McAfee which I have used for years just will not install without I clear the A-A SE. I have considered formatting my C but only want to do this as a last resort. Anyone have any help for me please.
Using XP home with IE 7. Really would appreciate some help with this.

big bloke66 09:48 29 Mar 08

Have you tried uninstalling it in safe mode ?.

myanmarboy 15:02 29 Mar 08

Not yet, but will give it a try tonight. Thanks for the advice.

myanmarboy 13:04 02 Apr 08

bb66
Sorry for not getting back sooner - crap week one way or another. Anyway, I seem to have got rid of the AdAware SE from everywhere except my Add/Remove list. It is just sitting there like an empty shell. There is no Change/Remove button when I highlight it so can't take it off the list. McAfee obviously does'nt find any traces of it as I have now installed the Security Suite. Thanks for your help.

myanmarboy 13:05 02 Apr 08

Resolved

big bloke66 21:45 02 Apr 08

Glad you sorted it.
All the best.
bb66.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now