McAfee problems!

K-P 19:57 20 Jul 06

I just bought Norton Anti virus to put on my computer and It's telling me that I have to first uninstall McAfee active shield. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING WILL WORK!!! HELP! I have tried to used add or remove programs but when i do that i get a message that pops up and says action cancelled and there is no way to close that message. i have gone into the administrative tools and disabled mcafee and ended all of its tasks.Norton keeps saying that i need to uninstall this McAfee stuff but nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

VoG II 20:00 20 Jul 06

Try removing it in Safe Mode click here

Strawballs 20:04 20 Jul 06

click here download and run this and remove anything McAfee I know it is only my opinion but I think that you are going the wrong way.

skidzy 20:19 20 Jul 06

K-P..again..in my opinion you should have stuck with Mcafee or one of the free av and firewall programs,such as AVG and Zonealarm.

Your choice and i wish you all the best with Norton.

This link may help: click here

K-P 03:02 22 Jul 06

I tried to get rid of McAfee while in safe mode but that didn't work at all.

Strawballs- on the website that you suggested is it the RegCleaner that I want to download?

rdave13 03:26 22 Jul 06

Uninstall norton first. Reboot then uninstall mcafee. Reboot and install Norton if you have to.

Assuming you can uninstall Norton....ugh.

K-P 03:30 22 Jul 06

I haven't even installed Norton onto my computer yet. It won't let me as long as McAfee is still on there even tho my subscription has been expired for a while now.

rdave13 03:35 22 Jul 06

If you haven't installed Norton yet how is it able to inform you to uninstall mcafee? Something of Norton is already on your pc.

K-P 03:38 22 Jul 06

No what happens is that when I put the CD in to install Norton it tells me that before it can run the instalition I need to get rid of McAfee Active Shield.

rdave13 03:40 22 Jul 06

Disable mcafee and go to start--search--tick "all hidden files and folders"---if your hd is c\: then search for mcafee in "all files and folders". Delete all you find. Reboot then try to install NOrton.

K-P 03:44 22 Jul 06

I already disabled McAfee. Right now I'm on a different computer, but tomorrow I will try doing all the rest of that and hopefully it will work. Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…