McAfee Personal Firewall Plus

CurlyWhirly 17:04 11 Jul 04

I have AOL Broadband and because I was getting connection problems I uninstalled McAfee Firewall 4 and I downloaded and installed the free McAfee Personal Firewall Plus (according to AOL which says that this is provided at no extra cost) but what I was wondering is does anyone know whether it is a FULL version or a TRIAL version?
AOL say that it is a full working version and yet McAfee say that it is only a 30 day trial - which is right?
I did try the free Zonealarm but it kept reporting that my McAfee anti-virus was not up to date even though it was so I want a McAfee firewall to go with my McAfee Virusscan to avoid possible conflict in the future.
CW

stalion 19:42 11 Jul 04

^^

bertiecharlie 20:15 11 Jul 04

CurlyWhirly.

The McAfee Firewall is free to AOL Broadband users, (with no 30 day limit). Had it on here since March and its the Full version.

If you get it, clear out the log from time to time, otherwise the programme takes an age to open up. (Not that you would want to open it that often once you've got used to it)! You can set it "not to log the events" and then just forget its there.

CurlyWhirly 22:57 11 Jul 04

Bertiecharlie

That is good news as I haven't got to fork out (again) for another firewall!
Yeah I see what you mean by the log file it is rather long and I have only had it for just over a day!
CW

CurlyWhirly 23:06 11 Jul 04

Stalion

What does ^^ mean?
Does anyone know what this symbool means?
I was sent this symbol in another thread ;-) which after asking the same question in another thread I found out to mean 'smile with a wink'!
Sorry I am not up to date on computer 'speak'!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…