Mcafee or zone alarm and avg

charlton200 08:30 21 May 08

Hi, I have just got o2 broadband.
Its got included in it mcafee security software.

Should i unintall my free zone alarm and avg and install this or stay as i am.

I am not sure if the o2 mcafee is a trial or not as it doesn't say so.

Thanks.

Technotiger 08:54 21 May 08

I would say definitely - stay as you are!

birdface 08:55 21 May 08

Stay with what you are used to.McAfee probably a 60 day trial.

^wave^ 10:26 21 May 08

yes stay as you are i got macafee whwn i changed to sky it was free for a year then its hand in pocket again reason i changed to avg and comodo was fed up having to pay for new releases

Pine Man 11:28 21 May 08

McAfee is completely free with O2 for the life of your contract and continues when you renew it!

gel 16:22 21 May 08

I have just moved to O2 Free router excellent free support paying £7.50 per month.I put a O2 sim card into my mobile and I have to top up £10 every 3 months to get the discounted £7.50
I was using Zone alarm and avast now I am using Mcafee on both my lap top and my desk top and As Pine Man says McAfee is completely free for the life of your contract and contiues when you renew it.
Ring O2 free on 0800 230 0202 and ask them.
gel

charlton200 17:12 21 May 08

Thanks I will try mcafee i think. I can alway go back to zone alarm if I don't like it.
I'm paying £12.50 and I think I have unlocked my phone but am not sure. I will buy a Sim card for the £7.50 offer. I would like to try a O Sim in my phone to make sure the unlocking worked. Trouble is i don't know anyone on the o2 network.

Thanks.

charlton200 17:12 21 May 08

Thanks I will try mcafee i think. I can alway go back to zone alarm if I don't like it.
I'm paying £12.50 and I think I have unlocked my phone but am not sure. I will buy a Sim card for the £7.50 offer. I would like to try a O Sim in my phone to make sure the unlocking worked. Trouble is i don't know anyone on the o2 network.

Thanks.

gel 07:04 22 May 08

If it of any help.Look at O2 web site for stores locater
I went to an O2 shop. They got my mobile unlocked then put in the O2 sim card. They then phoned my 'old' ISP and told them I wanted to move . O2 then requested my code to enable me to move All I did was to give Orange (old ISP) my permission to be able to talk to O2 on my behalf. When I came out of the shop 20 mins later I was all fixed.
gel

charlton200 09:23 22 May 08

Thats helpful thanks.
Did they charge for unlocking your phone.
On o2 website and there sim card page they only do 3 tariffs and they would not suit me, where you offered any tariff?

Cheers

gel 16:02 22 May 08

No O2 did not charge for the un locking In fact they took it to a gadget shop to get it done.
I was then given the 'old ' sim card to use later.
I think it is possible that you can retain your 'old ' mobile number. Try them.
I was not interested in other mobile tarrifs since I use the mobile in frequently
My mobile tariff which enables me to get broadband for £7.50 per month means I have to top up with £10 every 3 months which is more than adequate for me
gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…