McAfee InternetSecurity v Norton Internet Security

Brumas 22:11 07 Feb 04

I have always used Norton (makes me sound like a seasoned computer user, but the opposite is true ) but lately have found it to be 'temperamentel' both in execution and ease of installing/uninstalling.
Has anyone any personal knowledge of which is the better of the two ?
Before anyone takes me to task, I have tried to find any previous postings but was unable to do so, perhaps I am not as sharp as you lot - but I did try !

Thanks in advance
brumas

VoG II 22:23 07 Feb 04

Firstly, I doubt if there's any real difference in performance - i.e. they both protect your 'puter when on line.

I've had McAfee Personal Firewall Plus on my desktop for quite a long while now and I find it is inobtrusive, simple and intuitive to use (e.g. change settings).

Daughter got a laptop a few weeks ago and as PCW had "an offer" got NIS 2004 with it. That is also simple to install and so forth but I've found it more difficult to get to grips with changing settings and so on. Of course she doesn't care; she's just got a 'puter.

As an alternative to both firewalls you might want to consider Zone Alarm which is free. I just prefer the McAfee interface etc. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5