mcafee internet security update problems

sopwith 11:52 AM 25 Jan 12

had mcafee for ages but since changed to bt the above wont update itself via autoupdate just het your computer is at risk messages no other anti virus installed only utility is crap cleaner this apparently an old problem but can some one in plain english explain how to get around this as im fed up with running mvt being told the system is ok and then having to uninstall and reinstall mcafee

northumbria61 11:57 AM 25 Jan 12

Are you sure you have no other Anti Virus installed/running - like Ad-Aware perhaps ?

sopwith 08:39 AM 26 Jan 12

yep only utility ive got in is crap cleaner

Snrub 11:30 AM 26 Jan 12

Can you manually update McAfee (BT NetProtect Plus)? I just ran mvt (McAfee Virtual Technician) and it requested an update (which I did manually)and then to restart computer. It reloaded mvt and did a scan bringing up auto update requires fixing and proceeded to do this and confirmed this had been done. I suspect my cleaning software either Ccleaner or more likely Advanced System Care had switched off automatic updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…