mcafee internet security update problems

sopwith 25 Jan 12

had mcafee for ages but since changed to bt the above wont update itself via autoupdate just het your computer is at risk messages no other anti virus installed only utility is crap cleaner this apparently an old problem but can some one in plain english explain how to get around this as im fed up with running mvt being told the system is ok and then having to uninstall and reinstall mcafee

northumbria61 25 Jan 12

Are you sure you have no other Anti Virus installed/running - like Ad-Aware perhaps ?

sopwith 26 Jan 12

yep only utility ive got in is crap cleaner

Snrub 26 Jan 12

Can you manually update McAfee (BT NetProtect Plus)? I just ran mvt (McAfee Virtual Technician) and it requested an update (which I did manually)and then to restart computer. It reloaded mvt and did a scan bringing up auto update requires fixing and proceeded to do this and confirmed this had been done. I suspect my cleaning software either Ccleaner or more likely Advanced System Care had switched off automatic updates.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message