McAfee installation problem

Frankly 17:32 11 Jan 04

Hi all

I installed McAfee internet security suite 2004 and found that windows ME wouldnt close down. I then removed McAfee and the computer closed down fine. I have now re-installed the McAfee and am facing the same close down problem. Any ideas anyone. To add to the problem Outlook express refuses to run now with a message stating that one of the components is missing.

Frankly

terminus 03:00 12 Jan 04

^bump^

terminus 04:24 12 Jan 04

OK an hour and a half later and I've managed to get a very fussy Jack Russell off my lap.
It seems like the first thing you have to do is throw McAfee in the bin.. We have long threads in here about 'who' has got the best AV, and 'who' has got the best firewall..etc

Each PC seems to have its own likes, and dislikes
My last two liked AVG and ZoneAlarm, this one doesn't.

MS have this page for repairing IE and OE with W95, and W98, they say it also works with ME?
click here

If you have less than IE6 I would try downloading IE6 and hopefully that will cure it.

The easiest way if all else fails, is download IncrediMail, but don't make it you default mail handler. (it'll take over anyway) and forget about OE for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…