McAFEE Firewall probelms

darkknight86 18:39 25 Apr 06

I recently installed McAfee Firewall 4
and had no probelms
but had an application I uninstalled that stopped mt
cdrom autorun no amount of ticking the boxes restored it so I system Restored
but the only point was one before I installed
the firewall.So I installed it again everything worked fine except it wants me to update to 4.02
evertime I do it downloads fine but when it tries to apply the update I get an error message
saying could access the MSI Database prehaps another program is using it or read only file
I cannot find this file and the update is not applied
but everytime I start or restart it wants to update
could do with a little help Thanks

ICF 19:15 25 Apr 06
  Eric half-a-bee 19:16 25 Apr 06

You could try the McAfee online help, although my experience is that it's a wasted effort. Open the McAfee Security Centre, click on "Support" in the top left corner and follow the prompts.

Otherwise uninstall the firewall, reboot, go to the McAfee folder in c:\Program Files and find and delte the firewall folder (make sure it's only for the firewall and not antivirus etc), then reinstall the firewall. The restore has fouled something up, so start again.

Another alternative would be to scrap McAfee's firewall and go for Zone Alarm click here. I had McAfee's FW ona trial a while ago, and I prefer ZA.

ICF 19:16 25 Apr 06
  darkknight86 20:27 25 Apr 06

have uninstalled restarted and reinstalled firewall
it seems to have corrected probelm
Thankyou for all the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…