Mcafee Firewall Broadband Problem

BrianColneRoad 18:12 13 Aug 03

I have just got broadband again (Virgin) after 6 months without it because of moving house and bt exchange enabling. I have a problem that I cannot use it with the firewall on. Its ok without it! Can anyone help? Where I last lived I had no problem with Pipex. I have tried both the Virgin help line & Mcafee who still have not been able to let me know how to sort this problem out. Please if anyone could help I would be very grateful.

rickf 23:45 13 Aug 03

This may sound silly but have you configured the firewall properly. ZA is an excellent free firewall if McAfee does not work out for you.Also you need to tell people what OS you are using so that they can give you more precise help.

cellulite engineer 16:39 14 Aug 03

My broadband internet access has just gone tits up. One minute it was working and then not

Windows XP
Mcafee Firewall v4.02.066 (update)

All works with firewall off and allowing everything un filtered. Nothing was changed (by me !!) to cause this problem.

Have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

Methinks it might be the update, will try without updating to see if prob goes away.

All help much appreciated

cellulite engineer 17:08 14 Aug 03

Got it fixed now i rebooted to an earlier checkpoint. Good old XP.

No idea what caused it though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…