McAfee doing my head in.

cahpsuth 15:48 14 Jun 06

i bought a brand new computer 3 weeks ago and because I had only read good things about it I purchased McAfee internet security suite 2006.Great,looks fantastic all that protection ahh but only for 2 days then I'm told the privacy service has expired. Went to help in McAfee, tried everything, the only thing that seems to work is uninstall,disable popup blocker,reinstall. I've had to do this 7-SEVEN times in 3 weeks. The old Norton box looks very inviting.

do-gull 15:52 14 Jun 06

cahpsuth.
Get rid and get hold of ZONEALARM.
FAR SUPERIOR in my humble opinion, had Mcafee for ages
but feel sooooo much safer now i'v got ZA.

SB23 15:59 14 Jun 06

Agree with do-gull, get rid and use the freebies. I use Avast and Zonealarm now, have fewer problems and system runs better without the "paid for" programs. If it ain't free I don't want to know about it these days, lol.

Steve

Woolwell 16:01 14 Jun 06

This topic in the McAfee forums may help
click here

Otherwise I suggest you contact McAfee.

Privacy Service crashed my PC so I have not installed it. I also got rid of SpamKiller as it appeared useless.
Unless I am mistaken ZoneAlarm is a Firewall and is not the same as Privacy Service

cahpsuth 22:13 14 Jun 06

do-gull and SB23 thanx seems like this is sh** like the rest, Woolwell I know ZA and such are not a privacy service but I didn't have it before and managed OK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…