mcafee blocks internet

son of elvis 21:40 20 Mar 05

I installed mcafee internet security suite v 6.0 and lost my internet connection. uninstalling mcafee restores it. I tried disabling all mcafee components but still didnt connect. Any ideas?

Strawballs 21:48 20 Mar 05

Try clicking on the red box with the white M at the bottom right hand corner assuming that you set up your administrator password click on Mcafee privacy service and set up a password for each user that is all I did and I am using V7.

Newby 14:20 24 Mar 05

son of elvis, I had the same problem with my email and web. I contacted McAfee chat and was told (among other things) - no, I'm not being facetious - that if I hold down Ctrl when I click on my links in my email or web that they will open. I haven't tried, I've uninstalled McAfee, but if you double click on the red square icon at the bottom left corner of your screen and opn up spamkiller, then look at your blocked and accepted emails you can try out the ctrl/click. Hope this helps.

Newby 14:22 24 Mar 05

son of elvis, sorry bottom RIGHT corner - NOT left.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…