mcafee blocking sent emails

Newuser2179 16:24 29 Oct 06

When I attempt to send email mcafee immediatly blocks it saying there is a possible worm in my computer.
Did a full virus and adware scan, tried to contact mcafee via their help page, tried to send an email, but comes up with error 800a00d.
I really am stuck.
Sandy

JaneAusten 16:29 29 Oct 06

I don't know if this will help. (When I had Mcafee - many moons ago), I received the same warning as yourself when I sent consecutive e-mails with identicle subjects.

JA

Newuser2179 16:37 29 Oct 06

Yes thanks I thought of that,I tried sending different emails to various address containing
varied words all failed

mike1967 16:59 29 Oct 06

Are you sure its blocking or just asking are you sure you want to send it.

I have Mcafee and when I try to send emails to multiple recipients it asks are you sure

skidzy 17:17 29 Oct 06

What version of Mcafee are you using Newuser2179,like the above mentioned,if you are sending the same email several times Mcafee thinks its a worm and tries to block it.

If you have the the Spamkiller within the Mcafee,try disabling it and try to send.Or try disabling the email scanner and send.The Email scanner may need configuring due to an update.

Newuser2179 19:19 29 Oct 06

Thanks everyone but just need a bit more advice.
Yes it was blocking my emails, and I was't sending same email, over and over, it blocked first and I tried sending various other mail.
Need advice on this I have disabled In mcafee "SCAN OUTGOING MAIL", and it sends email but Mcafee keeps saying I am not fully covered, is it really necessary to scan outgoing mai I am sending??

skidzy 20:50 29 Oct 06

If you are sure your pc is clean Newuser2179 i would not worry to much about outward mail,just the inbound mail is the main concern.

If you have the Mcafee on disc,maybe an uninstall and reboot with a reinstall may cure this problem.Obviously something has been altered with the settings.This may need a little tinkering.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…