McAfee Blocking programs

flottalass 10:43 12 Sep 10

Help please. I am running Windows 7 and BT Total Broadband which uses MCAfee protection as standard. In addition I have McAfee Protection already installed. Suddenly, McAfee is blocking access to downloaded games which is what I mainly use the computer for. I keep getting access violation error codes and I've no idea how to unblock access. The program permission for Big Fish games (for instance) shows full permission. What is going on? I've never had this trouble before.

VOT Productions 10:46 12 Sep 10

McAfee is bad in protection.

Get a better suite or get the free Avast Anti-virus + Malwarebytes Anti-malware

lucky1 21:18 12 Sep 10

It's not advised to have two security suites running on a PC. Even if they are both from the same vendor one may be conflcting with the other.

flottalass 11:55 13 Sep 10

HI! I've removed my personal McAfee program (I'm still protected by BT Total Broadbands integrated McAfee program). I'm still getting an Access Violation notice : (tried to read 0x0207CA9B) program terminated. What do I do now?

Snrub 22:39 13 Sep 10

Maybe remove BT NetProtect Plus and re-install?

I have found that programmes such as McAfee do not work well with other antivirus and firewalls and even if thy have been uninstalled because remnants still possibly remain and can prove difficult to remove.

I now use BT NetProtect Plus on both an XP and a Windows 7 computers and work extremely well, although I have refrained from adding any other protection.

However, when BT changed from Norton to McAfee last year I had loads of problems until I reformatted the hard disc and reinstalled XP.

flottalass 09:30 16 Sep 10

Still getting access violation messages when downloading from Big Fish Games. However, there does not seem to be any problems with other games producers so I will just have to use them. Thanks to everyone who assisted me with this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…