McAfee Av hogging CPU

Scatternet 16:59 26 Jul 10

My computer work fine, that is until i play a internet video and then the mcafee mcshield.exe file takes up to 45% - 50% of the CPU and i am unable to do anything else. i have put in an extra 1GB of memory, making 2GB and the problem still exists. When i close the internet the mcshield.exe file still continues to hog the cpu. i have looked on google but cannot find a definite answer.

bert52a 17:04 26 Jul 10

I had the same problem with Mcafee on win xp.It made everything really slow.I sought professional advice but nobody could help so I uninstalled it used avg free instead and the problem no longer occurred.I wasn't watching videos just whenever I used internet connection.

northumbria61 22:00 26 Jul 10

As per bert52a - I suspect it will be McAfee but only you can decide if you want to uninstall it.

If you do decide to you will have to download the McAfee REMOVAL tool to make sure it is completely removed.

northumbria61 22:01 26 Jul 10

McAfee Removal Tool download here - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…