Mc Afee Internet Security causes PC to crash

synthasy 21:16 01 Jul 03

Hi all,

This is the second time i have tried installing McAfee Internet Securtiy 5.0 and both times i have the same problem.

Installation goes fine and is quick, but once installed my PC randomly hangs/freezes when using IE or OE, tried Restarting and switching all Firewalls/Securtity options off, and still no go. So i uninstalled it via Add/Remove programmes, and then i got all sorts of missing .DLL files and other messages popping up onStart up (related to not being able to locate McAfee) and then i caould get absolutley no internet access and no incoming/outgoing mail until i did a System restore and now everything is ok.

I have decied to forget trying to install it again, so would like some advice on a good Firewall, that is very easy to operate and will not give me any of the above problems.

Thanks

DieSse 21:28 01 Jul 03

I wouldn't touch MacAfee with a bargepole, after several similar disasters I've had to deal with.

For excellent Firewalls - Sygate - Zone Alarm, Outpost, see the Downloads section in the headings. I personally use Sygate - trouble free and easy to install and understand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…