MBS

MBS Help needed 17:12 07 May 07

I too have the same issue regarding MBS, i followed the instructions from fhiufhyrefyer but everytime i run in safe mode and open system 32 it returns a blank folder, therefre i am unable to delete the required files.....Did anyone else have the same problems?? If so how did you resolve these as i'm at my wits end and my computer is getting worse by the day due to this disgraceful company MBS.
Kind regards, Steven

beynac 17:16 07 May 07

You need to show the hidden system files:

Show hidden System Files:

Click Start
Open My Computer
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options
Select the View tab
Advanced Settings:
Under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files and folders
Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types
Uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
Click Apply to All Folders
Click Yes to confirm
Click OK

MBS Help needed 17:21 07 May 07

I done this both in safe mode and normal mode to locate the folders i had to delet, but for some strange reason whilst in safe mode it does not allow me to view the files in system 32.
I log on in normal mode in my account (There is only one account on my pc) and then whilst in safe mode i log on as administrator, would that have any effects on it? Sorry if that is a strange question. I am a complete novice on these systems

Forum Editor 18:51 07 May 07
  helpinghand 13:29 08 May 07

My SO had this on his laptop nearly 4 weeks ago due to some surfing, though he didn't think he'd signed up to anything. He did pay £19.99, just to try to get off the hook, but the pop ups kept coming. That's when I got involved, and we spoke to an IT expert who explained how to rid the laptop of the problem. It involved using system restore, which I think some others have tried, but the key point is that, once the sytem has been restored to a point well back from the original date when the malware downloaded (we went back a week), then other restore points must be removed by switching restore off, then switch restore back on again.

I've posted this solution elsewhere in more detail, and when I see it again I'll post it here. To date, it seems to have worked completely.

I'll be very interested to hear if there are replies to the emails others have sent to MBS. We emailed them and haven't had a reply - and that's now over three weeks ago.

It's high time they were held to account over what are, at best, extremely dubious methods of operation which, imho, amount to extortion by shame.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…