Mazda Navigation toolbox download problem

davecooper 18:43 26 Dec 14

I am trying to download the Toolbox application that allows me to update the maps on my Mazda Navigation system. Whether I run or save it, I get the usual "do you want to allow a program from an unknown publisher make changes......". I hit yes but nothing happens, no message or anything. There is no indication at all that anything has installed. Any help appreciated. OS is Windows 8.1 Running Norton security.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:47 26 Dec 14

Do you have the sat nav connected to the PC? the program is unlikely to run if it does not see a connected sat nav.

john bunyan 11:00 27 Dec 14

I think the OP means the SD card supplied with the Mazda inbuilt sat Nav. I have a Mazda but have not yet tried to update it - I think you have to pay a small Tom Tom subscription. I will have a look in the next few days. I hate Sat Navs and rarely use them - maps have served me for the last 59 years of driving!!

davecooper 16:39 27 Dec 14

Agree about Satnavs, I still like maps myself. The car came with 3 years free updates so seems a pity not to use the facility until it runs out. However, it seems that the problem is common to all setup .exe files I try to open. I bought a new PC a few months ago have been trying to download some apps I used on my old PC, to the new PC. I have tried two older ones which were the Garmin cycle training centre and the TomTom home app. All three were saved and are .exe files. However, none will open and there is no message as to why.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:09 27 Dec 14

right click the .exe file and select Run As Administrator from the menu.

davecooper 17:43 27 Dec 14

Thanks Fruit Bat, I'll give that a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017