Maybe a silly question re adsl and dsl

Benontheroad 21:19 30 Nov 06

A friend has recommended that I buy a Netgear ADSL DG834G router.

Will that work with my Tiscal broadband connection which I thought was DSL not ADSL

Might be being very stupid but I don't want to pay 50 pounds and end up with something that does not work

Diodorus Siculus 21:26 30 Nov 06

The question is, do you need a router? It is to share the internet connection with more than one PC. Is that your aim?

skidzy 21:27 30 Nov 06

Yes it will work fine once the configuration is setup.

If you go ahead and buy this router and have any problems,come back and we will help the best we can.

I take it you want to connect another pc/laptop wirelessly.

click here

skidzy 21:28 30 Nov 06

Oops sorry Dio,cross posted you.

Benontheroad 21:32 30 Nov 06

Hi - thanks for the quick responses

1) I am buying the router so my dad and I can both use the same broadband connection and because I have been told that it is easier to get Ubuntu onto the net with a router rather than the USB modem Tiscali gave us

2) Yes, we do want to go wireless - first thing is getting 2 computers off the 1 line though...once I have cracked that I will look at the wireless settings :)

Thanks for your help

Diodorus Siculus 21:38 30 Nov 06

Anyway, it's a modem/router so will do what you want ok. I presume you do have a LAN card in the PC.

skidzy 21:39 30 Nov 06

Best of luck Ben.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…