may i say something about pcs

Hello all..
I have been to this site many times and have been very impressed with what people know..
I bought a pc very up to date and tried to install tiger woods pga 2003(some of you may remeber)I had lots of graphic errors to put it plainly

I was advised to download the latest drivers for my graphic card which i did to no avail(basically i gave up)

this was the 3.4 catalyst for radeon cards

so two weeks later i was told that there was a 3.5 catalyst...

downloaded it ..,.same problems

have just downloaded the next one 3.6 catalyst

and guess what

you,ve guessed it it works
no problems

this is 3 months after i bought the game

my point is.... are we being guinea pigs for all these computer software giants or what????

any response or view on this matter would be welcome..

woodchip 21:28 27 Jul 03

Yes Microsoft is the worst culprit

goonerbill 21:45 27 Jul 03

yes we are but in defence of software makers, there are so many combinations of pc parts ( as an example: you could visit 2000 homes and not find 2 pc's configered with the same parts ) it would be almost impossible to get all software/games to run on all pc's.

its a pain in the Butt but thats life and yes it's happened to me as well.

woodchip 21:52 27 Jul 03

I would not like to buy a new Car and not be able to use it for three months because they did not make tyres for it

mistagf 22:26 27 Jul 03

Someone commented on the very same dilemma in a recent thread.

PCs do best what they were designed for - Computing!

Cricket bats are not very good for playing tennis.

Get my drift?

VoG II 22:32 27 Jul 03

I think that "someone" was actually woodchip!

A few years ago Amigas were ideal for games (and other things) because of the machine architecture and when they were around PCs could not touch them. Now with faster processors, better graphics cards and loads more RAM, PCs are getting there. But they were not designed to run games.

Audeal 22:53 27 Jul 03

Ah, the Amega. I still have three of them. And all still work.

sgtdibble 22:58 27 Jul 03

get a playstation for games they were made for the job

whatchamacallit 00:27 28 Jul 03

My Amigas are still running today, they may be not as fast as pc, but more user-friendly, and in twelve years no updates needed, do tell Mr Gates he might catch on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…