This may be a good buy

woodchip 16:07 27 Sep 03

If you want to build a cheap computer
click here
See all 38 Reviews

Gongoozler 16:31 27 Sep 03

Hi woodchip. I rebuilt a friend's computer using this motherboard and a 1.3G Duron. I was very impressed with the results. I reused the 128M PC100 memory, graphics card and all the other bits. He had to buy an ATX case because his old one was AT. The complete upgrade cost about £100. My only critisism was the AC'97 onboard sound. I just couldn't get it to work. I am now about to buy another of these motherboards. If you don't want ultimate speed for playing the latest games this is indeed a superb buy. (Guess which of the 38 reviews is mine).

woodchip 18:03 27 Sep 03

Not far down the list

Gongoozler 18:08 27 Sep 03

Page 2. OS is Windows 98!

woodchip 23:30 27 Sep 03

And I thought there would have been a good responce for this board

MAJ 23:42 27 Sep 03

Looks good enough for an inexpensive system for the kids, woodchip, and as Gongoozler (read your review) has already built a system with it, that inspires confidence.

Gongoozler 09:54 28 Sep 03

Another forum member, mikeleflay, is about to upgrade using this motherboard.
click here

As far as I can determine Syntax is an offshoot of PC Chips rather like ASRock is from ASUS. I found the motherboard very easy to set up once I had disabled the onboard modem (which it doesn?t have anyway), the onboard LAN and onboard sound. The processor timing is all automatic once the clock speed is selected as 100 or 133M, so it isn?t a board for overclockers, but at £25 this must be the best value motherboard around and it even has USB2.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…