Maxtor 'Y' usb cable

segdef 22:33 02 Nov 08

Hi,

I have a Maxtor 1 touch mini 80g external hard drive which is connected via a usb 'y' cable. This has 2 x usb and 1 x mini usb connector. I have damaged the lead and am trying to replace it. They are not very common however I have managed to locate two. Both have come with a 'female' mini usb which is useless as it won't fit into the hard drive which is also a female. The second lead packaging (purchased from CPC) stated it was a male fitting which makes things a little confusing. Does anyone know where I can purchase a genuine Maxtor replacement lead? Please help, this is very frustrating.

regards

woodchip 22:39 02 Nov 08

Will one of those USB multi fit cables work? click here
Scroll down to see it

segdef 23:04 02 Nov 08

Not really sure looking at the picture - I guess I'd rather have the proper cable - if I can find one!! Thanks for the suggestion,

ambra4 23:38 02 Nov 08
  segdef 08:42 03 Nov 08

Many thanks - I'll order it and if it doesn't fit I know there's a problem with the hard drive, thanks again.

ambra4 09:19 03 Nov 08

Always glad to help

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…