Maxtor unlocking

Pererin 18:27 05 Feb 05

Recently bought a Maxtor external drive with Dantz retrospective back-up, all works fine except that in my computer the drive shows up as G: and you can enter it, but hte screen looks like the viewing screen for photos, blue with small thumbnails, if a click on the Maxtor thumbnail the display on the screen is just the Maxtor icon, nothing else. There is also another Maxtor symbol with a padlock, which I cannot open even after reading instuctions several times. If I right click on it, it says 'unlock drive' when I click on this nothing happens! Anybody out there got any suggestions, or am I reading the instructions incorrectly. How do I view the files on this drive (I read you could store pics on there). Thanks

Diemmess 18:36 05 Feb 05

Unfamiliar with the Dantz part. Sounds like the trouble lies with the software rather than the drive. Have you tried without the Dantz software to see if it behaves as normal then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…