Maxtor One Touch and Retrospect Express HD s'ware

Boluwd 23:42 03 Jan 05

Hi , I've installed the Retrospect Express software that came with my new (very nice!!) Maxtor OneTouch 250Gig external hard drive.... However, as soon as I boot the computer up and running, Zone Alarm alerts me that the following programs are attempting to access the internet... Retroexpress.exe, Retrospect.exe and Com Surrogate. Does anyone else have this problem (if indeed it is a problem) and should access be granted to these programs?

stlucia 10:19 04 Jan 05

They're probably just trying to auto-update themselves, and you can probably disable that function by going into Retrospect setup.

Granger 12:59 04 Jan 05

The instructions tell you to install the drivers before connecting the drive to any computer. I forgot this once and connected it to a laptop without drivers. Now my drive doesn't seem to work properly anymore even with drivers installed. Be careful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…