Maxtor external hard drive

hugoboss38 19:26 23 Oct 09

ive got a Maxtor external hard drive.When i put the usb lead into my pc dont reconise it and nothing happens was workin fine now nothing plz help

mfletch 19:36 23 Oct 09

Is it showing in Start>Computer

Double click should open it

hugoboss38 19:39 23 Oct 09

no nothing showing mfletch

hugoboss38 19:41 23 Oct 09

ive not dropped it or anything dont understand why its not working got family pic and film clips on it so need the data back if poss

hugoboss38 19:50 23 Oct 09

the green light on my maxtor just keeps on flashing

mfletch 19:50 23 Oct 09

Is it lighting up?

And I know this may sound daft but check you are using the correct USB lead {plugged in}

hugoboss38 22:13 25 Oct 09

hi there its got a flashing green light ive tried the one that came with the device and i tried it with another usb cable i have and the same thing happening ive even tried to use a diffrent power pack but still having the same problem does the green flashing light mean that its a dead storage device????

lotvic 23:27 25 Oct 09

The hard drive might be okay, it could be the casing/power that's duff.

You could try taking the hard drive out of the casing and installing it direct in the pc tower as a slave.

Kevscar1 06:45 26 Oct 09

Occasionally have this problem unplugging power lead then plugging in again always works

hugoboss38 22:39 26 Oct 09

how do i go about taking it apart i undid the screw but nothing then happened.
Ive tried unplugging and plugging it back in nothing just keep on having this green light flash

woodchip 22:42 26 Oct 09

Double click My Computer if the Drive shows there right click on it then tools then check disc tick the box to do a full repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…