Maximum upload 16MB !!!!!!!!!!!!

dkuk2000 18:20 23 May 03

I'm a AOL user and i'm trying to send an mp3 file via e-mail (29.5MB).
But the maxximum i can upload is 16MB,does anybody know of another E-mail provider that will allow me to send my file cause i don't have a cd\rw drive
HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pesala 18:24 23 May 03

What you need is to establish a direct connection to your friend and avoid email. Another way is to upload it to your webspace and your friend(s) can then download it. This is handy if you have a lot of friends.

dkuk2000 18:27 23 May 03

How do i upload to webspace ?
Would we both haveto be online at the same time?

Ironman556 18:40 23 May 03

No, you should have some webspace from AOL. Use an FTP program to log into your AOL webspace, then upload the file.

If you both have AOL messenger, ICQ MSN Messenger etc, you could send the file via that, but you both need to be logged in.

The Filesplitter click here will let you split the file up into smaller chunks, and then reassemble them. You can then email them it in two 16MB chunks. If you do a filetransfer ove a messaging service, I'd break the file down into 1 or 2 MB pieces because the services can be unreliable at times.

Ironman

Ironman556 18:45 23 May 03

Your webspace is what AOL gives you to publish a website on - it's basically what it says, space on the web. If they've given you enough space (Usually 10 - 50MB) then you can upload the file. Your friend can then go onto your webspace, and the file will be there for them to download, but when it's on your webspace, anyone can access it to download it, it would be unlikely that anyone would for the short time it's there, but possible. If you want to do it that way, go onto the AOL homepage and you should find some instructions telling you have to uppload a website and how to access it once it's uploaded, just uipload the file in the same way.

Ironman556 18:47 23 May 03

- some instructions telling you how to upload a website -

(Sorry about that - I'll stop posting now)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…