Maximum size Lexcron can read

Housten 17:09 PM 13 Apr 11

Good afternoon,

When I bought my desktop computer ( from Mesh, and it has worked OK! ) in January 2007, I also got a 'Lexcron 52 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader'. I have since bought a digital slr and a 4GB sd card to use in it. I was trying/playing around with/testing a 2GB sd card and the reader saw it OK and seemed to work perfectly well. However when I put the 4GB card in the lights on the reader infer that it is working but the computer does not seem to see it. I have tried googling but all the sites seem very old or are selling it ( and do not have the specs listed ) whereas all I want to know is am I correct in assuming that the reader was made/constructed before 4GB sd cards were thought of and so they are not catered for. Otherwise it would appear that this is a very odd intermittent fault!! If I am right ( blimey! will wonders never cease!!! ) does anyone know if there is a software update that would convert it to reading 4GB sd cards?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week