Maximum s-video resolution?

De Marcus 19:08 15 Jun 05

Would anybody by chance happen to know the maximum supported reolution of s-video?

De Marcus 20:01 15 Jun 05

^

stalion 20:07 15 Jun 05

it depends on what software you are useing are you talking about saving to disk for burning?.Also your software should give you the recommended resolution

De Marcus 20:12 15 Jun 05

S-video link straight to monitor

De Marcus 20:16 15 Jun 05

Sorry, output to lcd, whjat's the max res?

stalion 20:16 15 Jun 05

try full screen and if no good decrease from there

Joe R 20:21 15 Jun 05

De Marcus,

I think the top resolution is dependant on your graphics card.

De Marcus 20:26 15 Jun 05

It'd would probably help if i could explain what I'm trying to acieve, my sons pc runs a dual head vivo geforce fx 5600 grap[hics card, one head vga, the other dvi and s-video. We have aquired a 2nd 17" lcd and would like to have 'extended desktop' capability. The original has only vga input (AOC 17") and the new one has VGA, S-Video and DVI but without a DVI cable, so I have two monitors with VGA connectors which I abviously can't connect to the GPU at the same time, so what I'm hoping to achieve is to connect the original through vga and the new one through S-video, which I've done but the picture is terrible no matter what setting or tool (tvtool) I use, hence the question.

stalion 20:26 15 Jun 05

as Joe R says depends on how good your card is so start high or low and try increasing or decreasing until you get the best picture

Joe R 20:31 15 Jun 05

De Marcus,

if I click on my advanced display settings, and then on my graphic card, there is a display optimisation wizard, which helps give the correct settings, for one, or two displays. ( nvidia 6600GT ).

De Marcus 20:33 15 Jun 05

I've been doing a bit of research and came across this site click here is 400-420 lines of resolution about what to expect and not enough to get a clear picture of the desktop?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…