maximum memory

notmeguv 08:33 26 Jul 03

i have 2ghz pentium 4 with 256 sdram. i want to add as much ram as possible, please could you tell me how i can find out what the maximum of ram i can have with my motherboard is. (i dont know the name or specs of the motherboard)

powerless 08:45 26 Jul 03

click here and download, install and run. Then in the program itself under Mainboard will be your motherboard.

If the above shows nothing then click here and download AIDA32 - Personal System Information, install and run. Click motherboard and motherboard again. Motherboard name is what you want.

If in doubt look at the motherboard itslef.

Then click here find your motherboad and you'll have your memory and prices.

However...

What operating system are you using and what do do use your computer for?

notmeguv 09:08 26 Jul 03

xp home, i use it for games mostly

powerless 09:13 26 Jul 03

Providing everything else is up to spec. Gaming requires memory so going to 512MB would be good.

1GB would be better (but costly).

notmeguv 09:21 26 Jul 03

thanks for telling me about those downloads, they say how much memory i got and that i got 3 slots, but dont say the maximum. do you think it could take over 1gb. if i can get 2gb i will, but not if my mother board will take that much.

powerless 09:24 26 Jul 03

What is your motherboard?

Tell me that and i'll try and find out the max memory.

2GB of RAM is alot (maybe a little overkill).

What graphics card do you have?

notmeguv 09:35 26 Jul 03

the belarc advisor says: trigem computor,inc,dublin. and the aida32 says name unknown. i got a gforce4 ti 4200.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…