maximizing windows

all my windows used to open maximized but the past few days some have been opening in like little bars appearing in allsorts of places on the screen i have to click maximize to get them to fill the screen,i was told by someone to drag the window to size then click close and it should open next time in a maximized window but it doesn't this is driving me made what have i done??? also in IE when i go tools, internet options, general, i used to be able to clear history but that doesn't clear now when i click to clear so anyone any ideas what has gone wrong pleaseeeee!?

MAJ 12:40 29 Mar 03

Open a window with a link on the page, maximise it. Now click on the link and drag the new window to the size you want it, then minimise it to the taskbar thus revealing the original window underneath. Close that original window using the X in the top right-hand corner. Now restore the dragged window from the taskbar and close it using the X in the top right-hand corner. All your windows should now open that size from now on, jewels49.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…