//some 3rd party need geo

Maximize /Minimize problems

tonyx1302 15:59 13 Dec 05

Since installing XP home on my pc every time I try to open any program or site it immediately opens for a fraction of a second then reduces to minimum in the lower task bar which mens I have to click on various options to get the simplest of progs to run. Also when it is in the lower task bar if I hover the cursor over it the program title shows bright orange!
If I open a folder with say ccleaner in and then click on to run. it immediately minimizes itself to the lower task bar which I then have to click to open then click to run etc
Hoping you can understand my explanation of the problem and hopefully help to solve this VERY annoying hiccup

Thanks in advance

Tony

john-232317 16:19 13 Dec 05

I am assuming its IE, have you tried a repair ? click here

tonyx1302 16:31 13 Dec 05

Yep. Tried that dadyassa. no luck

Tony

tonyx1302 17:09 13 Dec 05

Bump !

MAJ 18:07 13 Dec 05

Sounds like you have a problem with your shortcuts, Breitling. Download and install Tweak UI for XP click here Click on the "Repair" entry and choose the "Rebuild Icons" option then click "Repair Now", see if that cures the problem. Also check how the program is supposed to open by right-clicking on it's icon (on the desktop), choose "Properties" and make sure the "Run:" entry is set to Normal or Maximised, as opposed to Minimised.

john-232317 20:03 13 Dec 05

Cheers for that about setting the opening window, something else i´ve learnt ;-)

tonyx1302 20:50 13 Dec 05

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Delighted to say that your suggestions worked Maj. I used the 'repair/ repair now' option in Tweak and that cured it but I also checked out the 'Run' option as well and that was set at minimised !

Thanks Maj. Consider yourself on my Christmas card list.

Thanks both of you for your help

Tony

john-232317 21:04 13 Dec 05

Well we both learnt something tonight, cheers MAJ

MAJ 21:19 13 Dec 05

That's good news, Breitling, happy to help. Looking forward to the Christmas card. ;)

Hi dadyassa, it's one of those useful little things that Windows just loves to keep secreted away, glad it helped you as well. I love to have IE (or any browser) open Maximised. For IE use the IE shortcut in the Quicklaunch toolbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…