Maxdata Belinea Monitor

Pidder 22:58 22 Nov 04

Iv'e been given a rather old PC to play with but have lost the screen settings for the Belinea 10 30 10 monitor. It's showing 16 colors and 640 X 480, and I can't increase it. I don't have a driver disc and haven't found one on the web. Is it the monitor driver needed, the adapter is shown as Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). Windows 98SE tells me it has the best driver installed, so am I missing something in setting it up? Any advice would be much appreciated.

hugh-265156 23:17 22 Nov 04

im thinking its the graphics card driver you need. windows 98 should be able to use its own driver for the monitor. click here says its plug and play.

try downloading this its called everest home edition click here install it and click 'computer/summary' and scroll down to find 'display/video apadter' or similar and note the make and model. may help. If thats not listed check for 'display/GPU' info may help.

Pidder 23:21 22 Nov 04

Thanks. The mobo is a PCCHIPS, I think AMD K6 with onboard 64 bit AGP Graphics Accelerator. Again, I don't have any driver CD. Any suggestions?

Pidder 23:30 22 Nov 04

Thanks, I already have Everest on the PC and it shows Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA) but this may be because I've been messing about with the settings.

I see the mobo is a PCCHIPS M599LMR.Should I try to get a Graphics driver for this?

lotvic 02:00 23 Nov 04

if it helps.........
I have the Belinea 10 60 30 monitor and they don't do a cd you have to download the files. I checked the txt file and the 10 30 10 is listed along with 'em all.

click here (then you click on link to maxdata, but you can go direct - as follows)

click here

Belinea_346.inf
Latest BELINEA monitor driver for Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP.
Released: 2004/10/21
README.TXT: Installation instructions for Microsoft 95/98/ME/2000/XP.
To install a Belinea monitor for Windows 98 with the BELINEA.INF file, please
proceed as follows:

1. Click on "START"->"SETTINGS"->"CONTROL PANEL".
2. Now, click on "DISPLAY" icon, then "SETTINGS"->"ADVANCED PROPERTIES"->"MONITOR"->"CHANGE"->"NEXT".
3. You will see a window named "DRIVER UPDATE ASSISTANT". Choose "Display a list of all the drivers
in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want." and click "NEXT".
4. Click on "HAVE DISK".
5. Click "BROWSE" button then choose the appropiate drive and directory in which you put the Belinea_xxx.inf,
double click "OK".
6. A list with all supported Belinea monitors will appear. Select your monitor type and double click "NEXT".
7. Click "FINISH" button. Now the inf file for your monitor is installed.

Pidder 18:41 23 Nov 04

Many thanks for your instructions. I missed you last night as bed called!I think I have, in fact, got as far as you describe, but it seems I need the graphics driver. The graphics chip is on the mobo, a PCCHIPS M599LMR, don't suppose yours is the same. I intend to seek this on the web. Thanks for your detailed response. P.

hugh-265156 23:23 23 Nov 04

click here says it uses an sis530 chipset and lists a few bios and patches downloads.

i use the generic sis drivers for my motherboard chipset as my manufacturer doesnt update them anymore and never have any problems so try the generic graphic driver for your board from click here maybe.

Pidder 23:44 23 Nov 04

Thanks for yours. I've just tried this but the download time seems to be 1 hour 20 mins, even though it's a zip file. I seem to have got a similar exe file,(the numbers are the same - 530108) from somewhere else. I'll try this tomorrow, failing which I'll have another go at your suggestion at the week-end. Anyway, many thanks for your help.I've noted your comments about the patches and bios downloads. P.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…