Matsushita CW-8122-B Cd drive

alltime 01:06 05 Jan 07

Would anyone know if there Is a special driver on CD for this drive, or should a Win xp driver work for this drive,

vinnyT 13:44 05 Jan 07

Yep, xp should recognise the drive and load the generic drivers for it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 05 Jan 07

Virtually all CDs /DVDs players and writers will use the same windows drivers in XP. they are in the windows\system32\dirvers\ or windows\system32\DRIVERS \ folder and are:-
DRIVERS\cdrom.sys

DRIVERS\imapi.sys

drivers\MxWI2k.sys

drivers\pfc.sys

DRIVERS\REDBOOK.sys

and in the windows\system32 folder

storprop.dll

try device manager update driver and install these files. to get your CD/DVD working again.

alltime 21:23 05 Jan 07

Thanks for your help Guys, The reason i asked the question is that i formatted a laptop for a friend, and although i have the cd (my own xp disc) as 1st boot devise i cant get it to pull the disc into the drive and spin up. (as he has lost the recovery disc) I tried another cd drive which spins up the disc but cant get it to boot. As its a High Grade Notino 3600 laptop I wondered if there is something in the recovery disc which fires up the system. Your further help would be appreciated.

alltime 21:29 05 Jan 07

Further to my last thread, I meant to say the Matsushita drive is recognised in the bios but wont pull the disc in , and the spare drive i am using is not recognised in the bios but spins up but wont boot. (What next?)

jakimo 22:18 05 Jan 07

Its a Panasonic drive:--for driver

click here

Stuartli 00:05 06 Jan 07

Is one of your drives configured as the Master and the other as the Slave (usually a rewriter is the Master)?

If you haven't done this configuration only one drive will be recognised.

Optical drives use the basic Windows CDROM driver and this should be installed automatically by Windows Finding New Hardware after you bootup after installing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…