bazza11 09:47 18 Jun 06

The dvd burner on my Compaq nx6125 is not working properly. It will not burn to dvd-rw or dvd+rw from my camcorder video files I have made in Windows Movie Maker. It will sometimes burn from Nero, but will not play back consistently in Nero.I have tried different brabnds of disc.

Some time ago I had to reinstall Windows Professional as my laptop crashed after I tried to install Norton GoBack, but don't know if this is relevant.

Help please!

FatboySlim71 10:19 18 Jun 06

What type of files are they that you get from your camcorder, are they AVI files, I use a program called "CONVERT X TO DVD" this program converts AVI files into DVD video files, as I used to find that some programs/drives/dvd players have trouble playing back AVI files.

Have you been able to burn to DVD-RW and DVD+RW discs in the past, just a thought that may be your drive isnt compatible with these formats of discs, this would be strange however if your drive is a newish one. It would may be worth trying to burn to a DVD-R disc and see what happens.

bazza11 13:23 18 Jun 06

Yes, they are AVI files. I will try to find the program to convert them. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…