Math Mapi Send.exe

candun 19:18 13 Mar 07

My Comodo Pro Firewall detects this file? attempting to access the internet thru iexplore.exe. The path is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\MeowAxisJunk\Math Mapi Send.exe. I deny access, but would appreciate any advice on this 'item'. I run WinXP SP2 on broadband.

skidzy 19:48 13 Mar 07

I have a sneaky suspicion this part of the Malware/Spyware Lop.com

Run your Antispyware apps such as
Spybot search and Destroy
Superantispy
AVGAS
Adaware

But if im correct about it being a variant of LOP you may need to run Hijackthis click here and post the log click here and let the experts deal with this.

skidzy 20:52 13 Mar 07

To add to my above post,do you have Messenger Plus Installed..check in add and remove programs.

If this is installed,you probably installed the sponsor also,this is bundled spyware from Lop.com

candun 21:50 13 Mar 07

Skidzy, bear with me, some 'activity' on my computer.
almac46

candun 22:23 13 Mar 07

skidzy, I did have lop.com present a couple of months ago, yuk. Awaiting HJT results.

candun 16:39 14 Mar 07

skidzy, Still ongoing, carried out a mass of instructions/downloads/scans and re-sent 3 logs at 16.20. Awaiting results.

skidzy 17:57 14 Mar 07

This may take a while to sort out,stick with it to the end....i take you have posted your log at Malware removal.

candun 18:42 14 Mar 07

Techspot responded pretty quickly, and as I'm a member of that forum, I followed their instructions. I posted the original 'Math Mapi' query there recently with no meaningful response. I,ll register with Malware Remover and send HJT log if there,s no success with TSpot. Thanks for your suggestion skidzy, I'm a bit wary of HJT and this project will boost the old confidence.

regards

almac46

skidzy 19:04 14 Mar 07

Just remember to let the experts analyze the HJT log,do not attempt to remove anything yourself unless absolutely positive you know what you are doing.

The thing with LOP,is...it has mutiple registry entries that reinvent itself every time you reboot the system...you will need to remove all the entries.

LOP is a nasty piece of work and has been around for a while now.Normally Superantispy would get rid of this,however if you have had this for a while...there's a good chance it has several registry entries all over the place.

Best of luck,dont forget to keep us informed.

skidzy 19:06 14 Mar 07

Superantispy click here

candun 20:21 14 Mar 07

I've downloaded the trial version of this prog. and will scan with it now. Today I scanned in windows safe mode after downloading SmitFraudFix,VundoFix,Look2Me-Destroyer and others and probs were found, but no 'Lop.com', so here goes.

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now