Monstrous 18:56 06 Nov 07

Hi, i'm building a new system:
Motherboard - Asus P5K3
PSU - Corsair HX620
RAM - Corsair 10600 (1333) Twin X
Graphics Card - Fus1on 8800 GTS
OS - Windows Vista Ultimate
Case - Antec 900

And I cant decide on a CPU. I'm torn between the Q6600 (1066mhz fsb) and the E6850 (1333mhz fsb). I heard it was good to match the FSB of RAM and CPU, however i'm not sure if matching the RAM with the E6850 will run better than the extra two cores on the Q6600, I'd like some input on this please.

LABMAN 23:50 06 Nov 07

Hi Monstrous,

I can't say that I have heard of matching your ram to your CPU FSB, I have an E6750 fitted to a Gigabyte P35-DS3R with 2x1Gb of A-data DDR2 800 and it runs just fine.

I'd pick the CPU based on what you want to use your PC for, the current concencus seems to be to stick with the Core2duo if your into gaming as the extra clock speed outweighs the benefit of 4cores, at least until games are written to fully utilize the quad core architecture.

If your into photo/video editing especially video the quad core can come into it's own as there is more software out there apparantly making use of the quad core architecture.

Hopefully though one of more esteemed and more knowledgable members will come along and help out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…