Mastodon......? What is it?

VideoSentry 19:11 10 Jan 05

Every time I log on ( or any other user ) XP SP2 Iwe get " You or a progran have requested information from Mastodon. What connection do you want to use"
I do not know what program has asked or what "user" . I have seached for the name with a big Zero. Does anyone know what it is or more important how I get rid of it?
I have seached on the Net but there are lots of sites re animals....

bremner 19:23 10 Jan 05

Have you searched the registry and the text within win.ini and system.ini

If a program is making a call for this you should find a reference there.

Technotiger 19:29 10 Jan 05

Hi, a Mastadon is/was a ice-age mammal similar to an elephant - it is also the name of a USofA heavy metal band. But I think in your case it is probably a 'nastie' of some sort and I would advise running any Spyware/Malware/Anitvirus etc that you may have to try and get rid of it.

Cheers.

VideoSentry 21:41 10 Jan 05

Technotiger:I have tried all of the spyware/,malware etc including all the NSW , which do not find it.
bremner: How do I search them ? ( I have tried the search tool on XP)
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:49 10 Jan 05

type msconfig in the run box

clickoon the relevant tabs to view system.ini win.ini boot.ini

VideoSentry 19:29 12 Jan 05

Sorry to be a pain but what am I looking for and where?

Technotiger 20:16 12 Jan 05

Hi, have a look here .......
click here

Cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:33 12 Jan 05

Start - run - type msconfig - press ok

start tab, check for any reference to Mastodon

if you find any untick the box and apply

VideoSentry 22:15 12 Jan 05

I have tried both the link and the msconfig but no trace on either? All I would like to do is to get rid of it , but if I can't find where the s%d is hiding how do I ?

HIGHLAND GUY 22:32 12 Jan 05

Have you tried "a-squared" click here as this seems to pick up nasties others can't find,had a similar problem myself this sorted it out once and for all.

Nothing to lose as it's a 30 day trial of full product, just download,install and update you will need a valid e-mail addy to get activation code and thats it.

good hunting.

HG

ChrisP 23:13 12 Jan 05

Google gives Mastodon as a Linux program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…