Mikeonfreeserve 07:17 02 Mar 03

I needed to reinstall my Epson 640 printer but I've hit a problem.When I put in my(original)CD with the drivers on I get an error message saying Windows cannot find master.exe. and this file is needed for the opening of file types "file" !!

I thought that putting in my (original) Windows 98 CD would solve the problem but I get the same error message.

Is there some spooky virus out there?

I've got and up to date virus checker and nothing has been detected.

Gongoozler 10:00 02 Mar 03

Mikeonfreeserve, I'm pretty certain that this is not a virus. I have tried searching for your error via Google without any success, and although I found several references to master.exe none of them looked relevant to your problem. I think it is possible that something has associated certain types of file with a master.exe application. You could have a look at your file associations to see if this is the case (Start - Settings - Folder Options - File Types). The only other possibility I can think of is to download the latest drivers for your printer and see if you can install it that way. click here

powerless 10:12 02 Mar 03

Explore the CD and click on Install or Setup.

Mikeonfreeserve 19:43 02 Mar 03

Thanks for the suggestions. I powered down,went to collect my son from cub camp and,voila,the drivers CD read fine.

You never really know with from Mars,women from Venus....computers?....from the depths of Hell,I reckon!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…